Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Scratch N Sniff / Rascar Y Oler

OUR AFRICAN SPEAR [Sansevieria Cylindrica], (click here for 2013, here for 2014, and here for 2015) is thriving and is taking over the living room. It bloomed for the first time 2 years after we brought it home and, after two more years, it just finished another impressive bloom cycle. I feel compelled to share the sweet fragrance with you. So, here's my Scratch 'n' Sniff post. And as soon as I muster the energy (and buy a plant stand on wheels) I'm moving it to the terrace.

NUESTRA LANZA AFRICANA [Sansevieria cilíndrica] (haz clic aquí para 2013, aquí para 2014, y aquí para 2015) está prosperando y se está apoderando de la salón. Floreció por primera vez dos años después de que lo trajimos a casa y, después de dos años más, acaba de terminar otro impresionante ciclo de floración. Me siento obligado a compartir la dulce fragancia contigo. Entonces, aquí está mi publicación de Rascar Y Oler (Scratch 'n' Sniff). Y tan pronto como reúna la energía (y compro un soporte de maceta con ruedas) la moveré a la terraza.

MOOSE SCRATCHED.
MOOSE SE RASCÓ.
I SNIFFED.
YO OLÍ.
FOUR YEARS AGO, THIS WAS A TINY TABLE PLANT WITH 9 SPEARS.
HACE CUATRO AÑOS, ESTA ERA UNA PLANTA DE MESA PEQUEÑA CON 9 LANZAS.

27 comments:

  1. I'm scratching and scratching but I don't smell anything!!??!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob:
      You're supposed to scratch and SNIFF, not scratch and SCRATCH.

      Delete
  2. Does this mean you can smell again? Love that plant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilma:
      The "smeller" has never stopped working. But the flowering and fragrance were at their best BEFORE I got sick.

      Delete
  3. Well....you must certainly have a green thumb. Looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mistress maddie:
      These plants are just about impossible to kill.

      Delete
  4. I was going to say to Bob something crass about sniffing his fingers instead of the screen, but, being a lady, I will refrain! That is one impressive plant! The only houseplants I'm able to grow are Golden Pothos, so my entire house looks like a doctor's office. I killed a cactus, for crying in a bucket! Plants just off themselves in my car on the way home, to make the deaths quick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deedles:
      Snake plants are I think even harder to kill than pothos. But you can try! So glad you decided against saying anything crass!

      Delete
  5. A beautiful plant. I love your terrace so much, what a nice place for that plant to live (or me...can I come stay?) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheapchick,
      We got rid of our chaise lounges but I’ve been thinking of getting something new for siestas. I’ll let you know when it’s furnished for you.

      Delete
  6. "...here's my Scratch 'n' Sniff post"

    And indeed there is a scratching post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is Moosey doing some self-grooming or is it time for those nasty flea drops?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray beard,
      No fleas since we adopted them. Great grooming!

      Delete
  8. Funny what a little tlc and sunshine can do.... I think I remember sunshine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willym,
      This is a plant that even thrives without tlc.

      Delete
  9. Impressive ! We have one houseplant...an aspidistra! 34 years old

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John,
      My mother had house plants that were than 50 years old. We haven’t lived anyplace long enough! Plants made moves with us over the years but nothing from across the ocean.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Anne Marie,
      Sweet, refreshing, surprisingly strong. Although not cloyingly sweet like narcissus.

      Delete
  11. You mean the cats didn't destroy it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam,
      We’ve had few plant problems with the cats except for their first year with us.

      Delete
  12. Is it the kind of plant that is divisible so you can have like twenty or thirty of them around in a few years? I'm only half kidding...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walt the Fourth,
      Oh yeah. I could fill the house easily. Just separate a stalk and stick it in soil.

      Delete
  13. Don't most of these exotic plants grow wild in their natural habitat? You better move it soon as it seems to like it at your place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim,
      And I had the brilliant idea to get elegant ceramic pots for the plants inside. Now I can’t lift the suckers!

      Delete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!