Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Cool Cats / Los Gatos Cool

IT'S BEEN COLD (for here). OK, maybe not today, which is 16C (61F) and still climbing. But it HAS been cold. We've even had overnight temperatures barely above freezing. So, when Dudo isn't watching the drain hoping one of the crag martins will visit, he's looking for someplace warm to lounge. If the sun is shining, the terrace is like a greenhouse and he'll spend the entire day out there. If the sun isn't shining, he wants my lap or one of the space heaters. I have no heat in my office so on really cold days, I plug in the space heater. If Dudo sat any closer, he'd be inside it.

Oh, yeah, those allergies San Geraldo has been suffering from? I caught them. I guess it's a cold. Now who's going to cook? I cooked. In my fashion. I picked up take-out (takeaway). Three times.

HA ESTADO FRÍO (para aquí). OK, tal vez no hoy, que es 16C (61F) y sigue subiendo. Pero ha estado frío. Incluso hemos tenido temperaturas nocturnas apenas por encima del punto de congelación. Entonces, cuando Dudo no está mirando el desagüe con la esperanza de que uno de los aviones roqueros lo visite, está buscando un lugar cálido donde descansar. Si el sol brilla, la terraza es como un invernadero y pasará todo el día allí afuera. Si el sol no brilla, él quiere mi regazo o uno de los calentadores de espacio. No tengo calefacción en mi oficina, así que en días realmente fríos, enchufo el calentador. Si Dudo se sentara más cerca, estaría dentro.

Oh, sí, esas alergias con las que San Geraldo ha estado sufriendo? Los atrapé. Supongo que es un resfriado. Ahora, ¿quién cocinará? ¡Yo cociné! A mi manera. Comidas para llevar. Tres veces.




AND THEN THERE'S MOOSE.
ADEMÁS ESTÁ MOOSE.

25 comments:

  1. I want to be a cat in my next life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cats are to cute!!!!! Nothing wrong with take a away. I get spoiled on it sometimes. Hope you too feel better. It's been mild here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mistress maddie:
      The way I'm feeling today, it should be order in as opposed to take away! If it weren't for Jerry, I'd have peanut butter on crackers... or nothing at all. Dudo has been surprisingly sympathetic. He moved off my lap for good last night after the third coughing fit. But he settled next to me and only looked up with concern when I coughed. I was shocked.

      Delete
  3. On cold mornings here, Tuxedo sits under an antique desk next to a heating vent. He's no fool.

    Colds? One suggestion: soup and lots of it. If i lived closer I'd bring you some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob:
      A new Chinese restaurant (really good) just opened next door. The wonton soup was just what the doctor ordered. Even Jerry, who doesn't like wonton soup, loved it this time.

      Delete
  4. Looks like Dudo's found his new best friend. Inseparable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The good thing is that a cold will eventually go away.
    Dudo and Moose are THE BEST!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim:
      Good point about the cold as opposed to allergies. Can it go away now?

      Delete
  6. Dudo has the right idea.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willym:
      Dudo is smarter than I am. I've been lying in bed in a hooded sweatshirt (with the hood up) and I think it's actually warm in the house!

      Delete
  7. Poor cold kitties! I hope your cold is better soon, both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra:
      Oh, I'm so pathetic today. Jerry is slowly on the mend. He went out for coffee, but I think that did him in.

      Delete
  8. Love the picture of him poking his head out of the sheet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirk:
      He slithers in and you can't even tell he's there. He poked out a bit when he heard me.

      Delete
  9. February...the month of illness - yuck. I cooked your way this week too - Chinese takout on one of the days I was feeling the crappiest (I never lost my appetite lol, just felt like poop)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheapchick:
      I still have an appetite, too. But I wouldn't bother with meals if it weren't for Jerry. He's much more adult than I am... sometimes. Hope you're getting back to normal. I'm sure I'm a lot whinier than you.

      Delete
  10. I adore your most beautiful cat !
    The photos are so funny. Cats always find the warmest spots.

    cheers, parsnip and mandibles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. angryparsnip:
      I adore these boys, too. Although Moose is wandering around the house and terrace whining right now because no one will play with him. Dudo is trying to ignore him.

      Delete
  11. Come on Mitchell - you need to put one of the kitty platforms over that heater so the poor cat can warm up. He's pitiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilma:
      I think Dudo would still stick his nose right into the grill. One cat tree is out on the terrace in the sun. Dudo will spend the entire afternoon there and not come in until the sun sets.

      Delete
  12. Ah, los gatos! On cold mornings, Bert will hop up onto the arm of the sofa and stick his nose in between the "fins" of the radiator (which is just behind the sofa). For hours. Kinda like what Dudo is doing here. They must learn that in kitty-kat skool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walt the Fourth:
      I had never seen a cat do that. Dudo and Bert are equally brilliant. Moose is "meatier" and doesn't seem to get cold as easily.

      Delete
  13. anne marie:
    Be specific or Jerry will run screaming in some other direction.

    ReplyDelete

Please visit www.movingwithmitchell.com if you would like to comment or stay up to date. I stopped posting here and reproduced all previous posts, as well, 25 September 2018. Thanks!!!